Thursday, November 1, 2012

Italian this week, you say? I could be persuaded . . .

We all know that it doesn't take much persuading to get me to enjoy supper (breakfast or lunch) at McGill's, but Italian is a firm favourite.  And I know our beloved Chef Bond has been hard at work in the kitchen this week perfecting and altering slightly some of our menu items.  Not that he isn't always hard at work, please understand that.  [I have to take a moment now to plug our awesome chef Daniel Craig (hence the name Bond) and the wonderful McGill's.  The Apple Valley Scoop people are bringing out a new magazine about mid-month called Homes and Passion, and I am excited to let you all know that you will find a fantastic interview with Bond in this premiere issuef.  Bond will be having his own column in each issue thereafter and I'm sure we'll all learn lots from him.  Surely something to watch for!] 

I am eagerly anticipating the flavourful dishes this week.  I am struggling with what my starter will be this week as I love both.  Perhaps two visits?  I know the gnocchi is one that has been ramped up so I think I will have that.  Dessert?  It's gotta be the red grape, polenta and olive oil cake.  Why?  Because I want to try the orange salad.  I'm looking forward to some comfort food this week.  Who's joining me?

I know you're all gasping because I haven't mentioned what's to drink or alcohol of any sort.  Come on, you all know me well by now.  Of course, I'm going to be having a drink!  Most likely wine.  Or will there be sangria?  Cocktail?  Finish it off with a specialty coffee?  Oh dear, too many choices!  Can I have a drink while I decide? 

Give us a call today on (902) 681-3225 and let us reserve a table for you.  We are open to serve you three nights a week - Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 5.00pm until 8.00pm.  All of our dishes are freshly prepared, but we can assure you the wait is definitely worth it!  This is relaxed dining in an intimate atmosphere at its very finest.  Find us at 18 Kentucky Court, New Minas. We'd love for you to join us.

Buon Appetito!!!

Here is what we have to offer you this week:

Appetizer:

Bruschetta
Grilled olive oil-brushed Italian bread, with fresh tomato mixed with garlic, basil and olive oil, then topped with Parmigianino-Reggiano cheese

Calamari alla menta 
Fresh calamari marinated with egg yolks and cream, dredged in bread crumbs and lightly fried.  Topped with fresh lemon and mint

Main Course:

Four-Cheese Gnocchi
Gorgonzola, Romano and Swiss cheese blended together for a very rich cheese sauce, tossed with fresh gnocchi and topped with grated parmesan cheese

Chicken Scaloppini 
Lightly breaded, butterflied chicken breast on top of a bed of fresh-made pasta tossed in sweet butter, roasted red peppers and red onion, finished with a hint of cream and a dollop of butter and fresh sage

Spaghettini Bolognaise
Fresh made egg pasta, tossed in a tomato-based meat sauce, topped with Parmigianino-Reggiano cheese

Dessert:

Tiramisu
Layers of house-made lady fingers drizzled in Amaretto liquor, between rich Zabaglione marsala cream, topped with whipped cream and sprinkled in cocoa powder

Red Grape, Polenta & Olive Oil Cake
Italiant-inspired, fluffy in texture and scattered with sweet red grapes.  Served alongside sweet orange salad drizzled in Cognac and sugar

As always, our evening menu is available for you to choose from alongside our divine Italian menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment